TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE AND USE OF WEBSITES
are operated by South West Event Hire Ltd (Registered in England N 5618196) Our VAT number is 869123306.
All equipment shall remain the property of South West Event Hire Ltd (the supplier)
- During the period of hire, the hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods and the hirer shall at all times be responsible for insuring all goods, from the time of acceptance of the goods until the time they are returned to the supplier or accepted back into the possession of the supplier.
- Following the request to hire equipment, a Quotation / Proforma Invoice will be sent to the hirer by email. It is the responsibility of the hirer to carefully check the order Proforma invoice and immediately notify South West Event Hire Ltd in writing by email of any errors. South West Event Hire Ltd cannot be held responsible for any unreported errors.
- Charges for delivery and collection will be quoted when the order is made.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that a responsible person is at the delivery address to receive the goods on arrival.
- A 30% deposit is required when placing an order and the remaining balance is required in full, 14 days prior to the date of delivery, except where account facilities have been previously agreed.
- Shortages, breakages or damages to goods or packaging will be charged according to the full replacement value at the time of hire, details of which are available on request. Should the hirer wish to have any damaged goods returned for inspection, the supplier must be notified in writing within 14 days of the hirer being informed of any such damage. Otherwise, the said items will be disposed of. The cost of returning any goods will be at the hirer’s expense. The supplier will take back and credit any shortages subsequently returned within 14 days of invoice date. In all other cases, full payment for replacement cost is required.
- When the goods on hire are collected by or delivered to the hirer, the hirer shall inspect the goods and sign the supplier’s delivery note. In the event of shortage or damage the hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at the time of collection or delivery. If the hirer fails to perform any of his obligations under this condition within 24 hours of the delivery/collection, any goods will be deemed to have been collected/delivered in a clean undamaged condition. Deliveries left unattended at the Hirer’s location are at the hirer’s risk.
- Delivery/collection is charged for a door to door service and does not cover delivery into the premises. An additional charge may be payable if you require delivery to specific areas and must be agreed in writing prior to the hire. Please ensure all hired equipment will fit through doors as South West Event Hire Ltd cannot accept responsibility if equipment will not fit. Aborted deliveries may result in additional charges,
- South West Event Hire Ltd provides equipment under the condition that your order is re-packaged as supplied and all goods left where delivered. Failure to re-package equipment for collection may result in a £25.00 charge. The inability to deliver or collect your hire in accordance with your order confirmation may result in further charges.
- Standard hire charges are based on a 3 day hire rate unless previously agreed or discussed with the suppler. The hirer may not extend the hire period without prior permission from the supplier. If the supplier agrees to extend the period, the hirer agrees to pay any extra charges accordingly.
- Goods must be available for collection at the delivery address, unless otherwise agreed. All deliveries and collections will be charged for. Any extra expenses incurred where subsequent journeys and/or extra vehicles are made necessary, will be charged accordingly.
- South West Event Hire Ltd accepts no liability for any injury to persons or property caused by the use of the hired equipment. All equipment provided by South West Event Hire Ltd is at the hirer’s risk. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure equipment is used by suitably trained and competent person(s).
- The hirer shall fully indemnify South West Event Hire Ltd in respect of any claims by any person whatsoever (including the hirer, his servants, agents, or employees) for death or personal injury or damage to property caused by or in conjunction with or arising out of the use of hired items and in respect of all costs and charges arising under statute or common law or otherwise.
- The supplier will not accept any goods other than those that have been hired and specified on the collection note. Any goods returned which do not belong to the supplier will be notified to the hirer. Should they not be collected within 14 days the supplier reserves the right to dispose of them. Should the hirer wish to have such items returned to them then it will be at the hirer’s expense.
- Any person signing a delivery/collection note on behalf of the hirer, is deemed to be authorised to do so.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the items hired are fully covered by the hirers own insurance with regards to theft, loss, damage and public liability risks.
- All prices are subject to VAT at the standard rate.
- The hire shall be deemed to be continuing until the goods are returned to the supplier. In the case of a late return of hired goods on the part of the hirer, a hire charge equivalent to the daily hire rate will be made for each day the goods are retained beyond the agreed hire period.
- In the event of a cancellation by the hirer less than 1 calendar month prior to the hire delivery date, 30% of the lost hire charges will be payable by the hirer to the supplier. For any cancellations made within 14 days prior to the delivery date will be subject to charges at 100% of the full hire rate.
- For approved account customers, the supplier’s terms are strictly net 30 days. The supplier reserves the right to charge interest as per the late payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, should payment be delayed for any reason.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding accounts at a rate of 10% per year.
- South West Event Hire ltd reserves the right to pass all overdue accounts to a third party debt collection agency.
- The supplier shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons/property arising from the use of any equipment under hire. The supplier shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or additional costs that may arise as a result of the supplier being in default of the performance of its duties.
- The supplier will make every effort to deliver and collect at the times requested by the hirer within normal working hours Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm, but specific timings cannot be guaranteed. Removal of goods will be as promptly as possible, but collection cannot be guaranteed immediately after use from every venue at the same time. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment is kept dry and in a secure place until collected.
- If a delivery or collection is required outside of our normal working hours, or on a Saturday, Sunday, or bank holiday an extra supplementary charge of £100 plus vat will be added.
- The supplier will endeavour to supply the specific items requested, however reserves the right to substitute an appropriate alternative where necessary. All colours shown in the supplier’s sales literature and swatch cards are only representative of the actual colour as shades may vary.
- Goods will only be counted on site if specifically requested in writing by the hirer in advance. A named representative must be present to check the goods with the supplier’s driver and countersign the collection note. Failing this all items will be counted and checked upon return to the supplier’s premises and the supplier’s decision as to losses/damages will be final. Third party carriers are not authorised to check goods and any items collected by them are done so at the hirer’s risk and any decision made in respect of items deemed lost/damaged or short by the supplier are final.
- Any invoice queries must be raised in writing within 14 days of the invoice date. South West Event Hire reserve the right to refuse investigation into queries raised after this time period has lapsed.
- All goods must be returned in the original boxes or transportation equipment they were supplied in. Charges will be made for any packing boxes, crates, linen bags etc. not returned.
- In the case of linen, every effort should be made on the hirer’s part to ensure that the linen is stored in dry conditions until it has been collected by the supplier. This is to minimise the spread of mould that can occur in damp atmospheres.
- South West Event Hire do not normally make a charge for the cleaning of equipment that is hired. However, South West Event Hire reserves the right to make such a charge for any equipment returned in an excessively soiled condition requiring extra cleaning/attention.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions which result in the supplier being unable to safely deliver or collect the hire goods, the supplier reserves the right to alter the arrangements for delivery or collection and shall not be liable to the hirer for any losses or costs that shall arise as a result.
- Any failure by either party to enforce any or all of these conditions shall not amount to, or be interpreted as a waiver of any of their respective rights.
- This contract is between the named hirer and South West Event Hire Ltd. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of it’s terms.
- The content of our websites is for your general information and use only and we reserve to change the websites without notice.
- Your use of any of the information or material on our websites is entirely at your own risk and we shall not be liable in any part. The websites contain material which is owned, or licenced to us. This includes but is not limited to the design, look, appearance, graphics, photographs and text. Reproduction is prohibited and unauthorised use of the websites or their material my give claim for damages. Links provided from our websites are for your reference only and we do not have responsibility for the content of any linked websites. You are not permitted to use our websites for any other purpose than hiring goods from South West Event Hire Ltd.
Britannia Catering Yeovil are pleased to announce that our chosen charity is the Guild Dogs for the Blind and Partially Sighted, who we will be trying to assist during the coming year. Please also follow our link and support this excellent charity.
We will also introduce Special Offer, discounts and bargain hire whenever we can to assist our customers. Please not that we will probably have more special offers available than can fit on this page. Therefore the offer page will load different offers each time it loads.